Part A
As you probably know, I am an avid Facebook user. I am usually on there every single day. Either setting my status from my phone or going online and connecting with friends through messages, picture or status comments. Either way, I always keep my friends updated on my life. Why? Well, I don't have a reason. Maybe I just need to get out my emotions - Positive or negative. It needs to happen. But who cares? Who wants to read about my bad day? Who would care about my good day? Maybe I use Facebook because Facebook is a constant in my life. It is always there. How sad is that? Do I really turn to a website on the internet when I am having troubles? Am I the only one that thinks this way? Probably not. Out of the 400 million people on Facebook, users spend over 500 billion minutes per month. Yeah, definitely not alone on this one.
As you probably know, I am an avid Facebook user. I am usually on there every single day. Either setting my status from my phone or going online and connecting with friends through messages, picture or status comments. Either way, I always keep my friends updated on my life. Why? Well, I don't have a reason. Maybe I just need to get out my emotions - Positive or negative. It needs to happen. But who cares? Who wants to read about my bad day? Who would care about my good day? Maybe I use Facebook because Facebook is a constant in my life. It is always there. How sad is that? Do I really turn to a website on the internet when I am having troubles? Am I the only one that thinks this way? Probably not. Out of the 400 million people on Facebook, users spend over 500 billion minutes per month. Yeah, definitely not alone on this one.
. . .
Part B
I thought when I turned 10 years old I was superior. I was two whole hands old. Now that I am 15, I realize nothing was special about 10. Yeah, the only thing about 15 is getting a permit for most people. But for me, it's something else. 15 means my dearest sibling becomes an adult. Let me tell you a little bit about my brother. We grew up spending almost all or our time together. He, only three years older than I, quickly became my greatest role model. He was my biggest fan. Likewise, I was his. We were best friends in the beginning. Inseparable. We did everything together. We spent summer afternoons reading together, looking at bugs, getting dirty outside, swimming, playing Xbox, going to Grandma and Grandpa's house, hanging out with Ben and Hannah, watching cartoons, playing boardgames, selling any kind of food we could find (mostly berries and things from our garden), sibling bickering, plum wars, playing sports, doing boyish things.
As we got older, things changed. We grew apart. He started to hang out with his friends...without me. I think the reason why he did this was because I was annoying him. No matter if he kicked me out of his room and ignored me in front of friends, he was still my role model. I copied his every move. Like the second and minute hand on a clock. 60 seconds slower, but still does the same thing. It goes around the clock. He complained, I complained. He got some juice, I got some juice. He went to bed, I went to bed (but kept one eye open to turn over at the same time he did). Okay...maybe a slight exaggeration. But you get the picture. And I understand how he got peeved. Shoot, I would get angry if someone was mirroring my every move too! I began to see the frustration in his eyes when we would play together. I didn't understand why he was hurting me like this. I was heartbroken. Those feelings soon turned to anger. These angry feelings stayed with me from the time when I was about 6 or 7 to beginning of my freshman year. I had forgotten why I was angry but that didn't matter. I kept those feelings and robotic-ally despised him. We would fight about everything! It brought my mother to fight armies of tears on several occasions. My brother would sit there and blink, innocently as our mom would fight back the flood of heartache. I would protest and say it was his fault and point fingers and do everything I could to make it look like he was the bad guy and I was 100% angel. Little did I know, it made me look foolish and childish - immature. I should have learned from him. He never got in trouble for having an attitude, unlike me. Then one evening, after band practice in 2009,I was laying in my bed and thinking about this upcoming year. Whoa. Tim is leaving me in a matter of months. I don't have much time to become best friends with him. After all, once Mom and Dad are gone, we are all each other have! Why does everyone love him at school anyways? He is so popular and he doesn't have a single enemy. I'm wanna be like him. Not walk in his shadow, just be nice like him. It didn't go as well as I planned. I tried to think of how he and other important figures in my life would react in a situation like this. I always tried to do the right thing. And it worked...most of the time. (But that's a whole 'nother story.) I really looked up to him. During the marching season of 2009, we became pretty close. He gave me rides when I needed to go somewhere...sometimes : ) He took me to school and back home (even if that means an hour earlier in the morning and two hours later in the afternoon for jazz band and weight room). I helped him with a few leadership projects and he helped me when I needed anything. I knew that our relationship was growing. My favorite parts of freshman year would have to be...the car rides home after practice, trips and football games. Tim drives like a nun in daylight hours, but when you're the only one in the car with him at night...oh man! Better put on your seatbelt and earplugs! We blasted that Transformers music and swerved down the road! : ) I am most thankful for the silly moments we have shared over our lives. And it sure doesn't here!: )

P.S.: I know this is a lame ending but I am so tired and I need sleep! Shoot, it's already 2:30 am! : O
I actually really enjoy the way you write! I hope you keep up your blog :)
ReplyDeleteIt is kind of sad that many of us turn to facebook or a blog rather than a person to express our feelings, but I think you did a good job at explaining why we do sometimes. Facebook or a blog doesn't act burdened or annoyed by what we have to say, which isn't always the case with another person.
It sounds like you and your brother are really close--even if you guys had a growing apart period! There's nothing quite like having a good brother or sister that you can be best friends with.
Thank you! I will try! It's going to get pretty busy though!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is. Thanks. I agree with you on that!
We are getting closer. I know! : )